In the last 20 years, I’ve named dozens of businesses, including our Personal Chef Business, Magic Meals Personal Chefs.
Some of my earliest businesses had terrible names, because I didn’t know what I was doing and I made some horrific mistakes.
This article is going to do two things; help you understand the characteristics of a good business name while helping you avoid some of my early blunders, and then I’ve created a list of name ideas for a Personal Chef Business that I hope will inspire you.
What Makes A Good Name For A New Personal Chef Business?
A good name for a small business has three characteristics:
The Name Of A Personal Chef Business Must Be Clear
When I say “Clear” I mean that the name of your new business must clearly define what your business offers.
Now before you bail on this article because you are thinking about countless businesses whose name is not clear; Coca-Cola, Anheuser-Busch, Dillons, JC Penny, Tesla, etc…let’s talk about those brands.
It is true that each of those businesses have a name that is not clear and they get away with it because they are such a well known brand.
Each became a well known brand through decades of spending millions of advertising dollars to establish their brands. If you don’t have decades and millions of dollars, you should just start with a clear business name.
One of my first businesses was a comic book store that I bought for my first wife. We named that business “The GateKeeper”. It was a terrible name. People had no idea what that little store was even when they pulled up in front of it.
Later we changed it to “GateKeeper Hobbies”. That’s better, but still not clear enough.
What about the business name “Stacey’s Fine Food”?
Terrible name, no one knows what service I offer.
Now these names can be improved with a Tag Line, and we’ll dig into those later. But for now, just focus on a making sure that your new business’ name is clear.
Your New Personal Chef Business’ Name Needs To Be Memorable
You don’t want people struggling to come up with your business’ name when they are trying to tell a friend about your service.
The name needs to be unique and flow off the tongue.
I like business names where the words that make up the name flow easily. I like Magic Meals because the words both start with “M” and it just flows.
When we started our business as a personal chef business, our business name was “Magic Meals Personal Chefs”. As we grew into a meal delivery business, our name transitioned into “Magic Meals Home Delivery”.
Both names are memorable and clear.
The Name Of Your New Personal Chef Business Must Be Short
The name of your new business needs to be short enough that you can easily fit it on marketing material.
“Magic Meals Personal Chefs” is about as long as I want a business name to get.
Often people in my community will refer to our business as just “Magic Meals” but when anyone sees marketing material (either printed or digital), they find the entire name.
Tag Lines Help Clarify A Business Name
A tag line is a short phrase that nearly always appears with a business’ name. It’s purpose is to further clarify what problem the business solves or service that it offers.
I think all small businesses need a tag line to go with their business name.
While we started out as Personal Chefs, our business grew to become a Prepared Meal Delivery Business. Below are two versions of our logo, one of which appears on all of our marketing material.
As you can see, our tag line is “meals just like magic”. It helps clarify what service we offer.
Below I’m going to give you a list of ideas for personal chef tag lines, but first, let me share a list of personal chef business name ideas.
199 Personal Chef Business Name Ideas
- My Personal Chef
- My Secret Chef
- Meal Secret – Personal Chefs
- Meal Solutions – Personal Chefs
- Whole Food Personal Chefs
- Country Cuisine – Personal Chef
- Culinary Classics Personal Chef
- Uptown Personal Chefs
- Five Start Personal Chef Service
- Touch Of Class Personal Chef
- Healthy Home Personal Chef
- Family Favorites Personal Chef
- Mom’s Secret Personal Chef
- Fastfood Personal Chef
- Easy-Peasy Personal Chef
- Frenchy’s Personal Chefs
- Dinner Made Easy Personal Chef
- Dinner Time Personal Chef
- Time Savers Personal Chef
- Dinner Dan Personal Chef
- Dine Fine Personal Chef Service
- Wine & Dine Personal Chefs
- Dream Date Personal Chefs
- Date Night Personal Chefs
- Family Dinner Personal Chefs
- Dinner Served Personal Chef
- Dapper Dan’s Personal Chef Service
- Better Meals Personal Chefs
- Dream Dining Personal Chefs
- Meal Time Terry – Personal Chef
- Terrific Terry – Personal Chef
- Basting Betty – Personal Chef
- Angel Meals – Personal Chef
- Dinner’s Done Personal Chef Service
- Food’s Finished – Personal Chef
- Pam’s Premier Personal Chef Service
- Perfect Patty – Personal Chef
- Chef Amy – Your Personal Chef
- Chef Ted’s Table – Personal Chef
- Better Butter Personal Chef Service
- Carnivor Club Personal Chef Service
- Natural Meals Personal Chefs
- Home Cooked Personal Chefs
- My Meals Personal Chef
- Eat Smart Personal Chef
- Smart Choice Personal Chef
- Dine Wise Personal Chefs
- Done Right Personal Chefs
- Home Menu Personal Chefs
- My Menu Personal Chefs
- Food Love Personal Chef
- Foodie Fred – Personal Chef
- Your Food Friend – Personal Chef
- Friendly Food Personal Chef
- Wise Women Personal Chefs
- Mom’s Cook – Personal Chef
- Magic Mike – Personal Chef
- Mom’s Secret Helper – Personal Chefs
- Low Carb Creations – Personal Chef
- Keto Karma – Personal Chef
- Dieting Dinners – Personal Chef
- Diet Dinners Personal Chef
- Skinny Chef – Your Personal Chef
- Skinny Dinners – Personal Chef
- Lean Meals Personal Chef Service
- Guiltless Dinner Personal Chefs
- Guilty Pleasures Personal Chefs
- Family Fed Personal Chef
- The Foodie’s Friend – Personal Chef
- Delectable Dinners – Personal Chefs
- Gourmet Home – Personal Chef Service
- Upscale Home Dining – Personal Chef
- 5 Star Dinner – Personal Chef
- Home Prepared Gourmet – Personal Chef
- My Personal Chef Friend
- My Friend The Cook – Personal Chef
- Friendly Meals – Personal Chef Service
- Celebration Personal Chef Service
- Super Supper Service – Personal Chef
- Cafe Home – Personal Chef Service
- Restaurant Home – Personal Chef Service
- Home Cooking Personal Chefs
- Kitchen Care Personal Chefs
- Marvelous Menus Personal Chef Service
- Ms Mable Personal Chef
- Grandma’s Home – Personal Chef
- Our Cook – Personal Chef Service
- Cooking Katy – Personal Chef
- Top Shelf Meals – Personal Chef Service
- Chef’s Table At Home – Personal Chef
- Le Chef – Personal Chef
- Le Personal Chef
- Brooklyn’s Finest – Personal Chef
- Lean & Clean Personal Chefs
- Food Sense Personal Chef
- Three Square Meals Personal Chef
- Diet Coach Personal Chef
- Silver Fork Personal Chef
- Crystal Service Personal Chefs
- Fine China Personal Chefs
- Mom’s Cooking Personal Chef
- Elite Personal Chefs
- Three Meals Personal Chefs
- Dinner Delight Personal Chefs
- Finest Dinner Personal Chef
- Dinner’s Done Personal Chef Service
- In A Snap Personal Chefs
- Family Time Personal Chefs
- Dinner Served Personal Chef Service
- Cook-No-More Personal Chefs
- Hours Saved Personal Chefs
- Our Personal Chef Service
- The Kings Table Personal Chef
- The Queens Table Personal Chef
- Kings Court Personal Chef
- Wellness Meals – Personal Chef
- Fresh & Fit Personal Chefs
- Fuss-Free Food – Personal Chefs
- At Home Feasts – Personal Chef
- Home Safe Personal Chefs
- Vital Vegan Personal Chefs
- Low Carb Barb – Personal Chef
- Keto Beto – Personal Chef Service
- Low Fat Matt – Personal Chef
- Clean Eats Personal Chefs
- Muscle Meals – Personal Chef
- Fat-To-Abs Personal Chef Service
- Fatty-No-More Personal Chefs
- Skinny You Personal Chefs
- Better You Personal Chefs
- Upgrading You – Personal Chef Service
- Slimer Dinner – Personal Chefs
- Leaner Dinner – Personal Chefs
- Eat Starter – Personal Chefs
- Your Healthy Personal Chef
- A Healthier You – Personal Chef
- Natural Nancy Personal Chef
- Pinch of Health Personal Chef
- Kiss The Cook Personal Chef
- Full Flavor Personal Chefs
- Revolution Meals – Personal Chef
- Dinner Coach – Personal Chef
- Rehab Meals – Personal Chef Service
- Eat Well Personal Chef Service
- Food Doc – Personal Chefs
- Nutrition & Flavor Personal Chefs
- Real Food Solutions – Personal Chef
- Meal Solutions – Personal Chef Service
- Life Upgrade – Personal Chef Service
- Better Life Personal Chefs
- Happier Life Personal Chefs
- Happy & Healthy Personal Chefs
- Happy Life Personal Chef Service
- Soulful Kitchen – Personal Chef
- Exotic Meals At Home – Personal Chef
- Family Style Personal Chefs
- Life Made Better Personal Chefs
- Dream Team Personal Chefs
- Team Tom – Personal Chef
- Your Food Team – Personal Chefs
- Got Your Back – Personal Chefs
- Supper Savers – Personal Chefs
- Dinner Saviors – Personal Chefs
- Home Heroes – Personal Chef Service
- Home Feasts Personal Chefs
- Eat At Home Personal Chefs
- Home Table Personal Chefs
- Family Table Personal Chefs
- Kitchen Table Meals – Personal Chefs
- Cooking For You – Personal Chefs
- Done Cooking – Personal Chefs
- Your Table Personal Chefs
- Kitchen Commando – Personal Chef
- Taste Of Home Personal Chef
- Taste Of Mom Personal Chef
- In-Home Dining – Personal Chefs
- Touch Of Taste Personal Chefs
- Touch Of Class Personal Chefs
- Down Home Personal Chefs
- Homestyle Personal Chefs
- Comfort Food Personal Chefs
- Home-Cooked Creations Personal Chefs
- Dream Team Personal Chefs
- Family Friend Personal Chef Service
- Cooking Friend Personal Chef
- A Helping Hand Personal Chef
- Backdoor Personal Chef
- Table Time Personal Chef
- Kitchen Friend Personal Chef
- Dinner’s Ready Personal Chef
- Dangerous Dan’s Personal Chef Service
- BFF Meals – Personal Chef Service
- The Cooking Lady Personal Chef
- Ms. Chef Personal Chef
- Mr. Cook Personal Chef
- Spotless Kitchen Personal Chef
- Heirloom Meals Personal Chef Service
- Fast & Easy Personal Chef Service
- Home Cooking Personal Chefs
23 Personal Chef Business Tag Lines
- Affordable & Easy Meal Solutions
- Dinner Made Easy
- Eat Better Affordably
- Your Secret Meal Prepper
- Your Supper Solution
- Eat Better Easily
- Saving You Time & Money
- Dream Dinners Done Right
- Family Dinners Made Easy
- Healthy Home Cooked Meals
- Home Cooking Without Cooking
- No Shopping, No Cooking, No Cleanup
- Better Food & More Time
- Weeks Of Food In One Cook Day
- One Cook Day / A Week’s Meals
- We Take Care Of Dinner
- Dinner’s Done In No Time
- Easy Dinner / More Family Time
- Personalized Prepared Meals
- Local Ingredients & Personalized Service
- Fabulous Food Made Super Easy
- Dinner’s Served In Brooklyn, NY
- Meals Just Like Magic 😁
I hope these lists got your creative juices flowing.
From here I recommend that you start with a list of names that you liked and then brainstorm to add more.
Armed with that list, start crossing off your least favorites
Once you’re down to a handful of good names, go to GoDaddy and see if you can find a good domain name for each potential name. Cross off any names that you can’t find a good domain name for (it doesn’t have to be exact).
Finally, try to come up with your 30-second elevator pitch using each name. I bet that exercise will help you find the right name.
Someone on my email list sent me this question, and I know others have the same question. Still, I can't tell you how nervous I am setting down to write about good food business ideas for women. You...
My wife and I started a personal chef business in 2005 with rudimentary cards printed using our home computer printer. Honestly, those were some ugly business cards, but they did what they needed to...