This is the very first article on my new website, FoodBusinessPros.com and it’s a great place to start your search for a home-based business that focuses on your love of food and cooking.
I’ve been self-employed my entire life, and my wife and I have supported our family with home-based food businesses for the past 15 years. Now we’re sharing our real-life experiences, to make your path to where we are now a lot easier than the one we took.
If you want to learn more about our journey, be sure to check out the About Stacey page on our website.
Below we’ve made a list of 43 ways that you could make a living from the comfort of your own home with a food-related business. We have first-hand experience with many of these food business ideas, and for those that we don’t, we’ve done very similar things.
But first let me tell you a little more about this list.
Who is The List of Home-Based Food Business Ideas For?
Honestly, we made this list of ideas for people who are pretty much like me and my wife.
Seventeen years ago my wife and I were sweethearts who were just beginning to plan our lives together. We were busy dreaming about how many kids we’d have, if we’d home-school or not, and if we’d both work or just one of us.
Even though we didn’t have all of the answers to what our future would look like, we knew that our ‘normal’ jobs were going to stand in the way of our dreams.
At the time, we both had regular jobs plus some side-hustles for extra income. Sometimes we traveled for work and we nearly always worked more hours than would make sense to us when we had children.
So we started dreaming of a better way to support our family while we raised our own babies.
With that dream, we started our first food-based businesses: Magic Meals Personal Chefs and Magic Meals Produce (a small market garden). Honestly, there was a lot of trial and error in those first few years. But by the end of the second year, we both left our ‘normal’ jobs.
And that was just the beginning.
Since then we’ve made a decent living gardening, cooking, and raising our family from the comfort of our own home. And nowadays that living has gotten even more comfortable.
So are you like us?
Do you love food? Do you dream of working from home? Are you willing to work hard and learn a lot of new skills?
If so, then you are like us and this list is for you.
The List of Home-Based Food Business Ideas
- Meal Prep Delivery Business
- Food & Recipe Blogger
- Health Blogger
- Private Chef
- Personal Chef
- Personal Fitness Chef
- Food Truck
- Food Critic
- Recipe Developer
- Cook Book Author
- Health & Nutrition Coach
- Personal Grocery Shopper
- Secret Supper Club
- Food Photographer
- Food YouTuber
- Personalized Meal Prep Planner
- Meal Prep Club
- Personal Assistant to Bloggers
- Teach Cooking Classes
- Sell Spice Mixes & Seasonings
- Sell BBQ Sauce
- Market Farmer
- Grow & Sell Herbs
- Grow & Sell Flowers
- Garden Blogger
- Food Party Planner
- AirBNB Food Experience Host
- AirBNB Rental With A Foodie Focus
- Mushroom Farm
- Mobile Bartender
- Cake Decorating Classes
- Sell Hot Sauce
- Pet Food Bakery
- Popup Restaurant
- Catering Equipment Rental
- Commercial Kitchen Rental
- Local Restaurant & Caterer Online Guide
- Romantic Catering Experts
- Honey & Honey Product Producers
- Cooking Contest Organizer
- Food Event Organizer
- Restaurant Mystery Shopper
- Meal Bowl Delivery Business
- Vending Machine Owner
Over the coming months, I’m going to detail each of these ideas with the real-life experience garnered over the last 15 years of making a living in the home-based food business.
My goal here is to help you get from knowing nothing to having the knowledge you need to start your own foodie business with as little trial and error as possible.
If Angela and I had a guide when we started, we’d have saved ourselves lots of self-induced pain. I want to be that guide for you.
For each of these business models, and probably some more that we’ve overlooked, we are going to help you figure out how to get from knowing nothing to running your own business.
We want to answer the questions that you don’t even know you need to ask!
Some of the questions we plan to answer for each business model include:
- An overview of what that business would look like in your life.
- How to know if that business would work for you.
- Will it work in your community?
- Will it work in your home?
- Helping you figure out the costs to start & the potential profit.
- Walking you through what you need to do to get licensed to run that particular business.
- A step-by-step guide to setting your business up.
- A step-by-step guide to building a business website that works.
- Details on pricing your products and services.
- A step-by-step guide to marketing your business.
- And more…
Does that sound like something that would help you achieve your dreams? If so, I want to invite you to be part of our foodie tribe.
But first, I need a little help so I can focus on the content that is most in-demand. Will you do these three things for me right now?
- Go to the comments below and tell me which business ideas you’d like me to detail out first. In the comments, list of all of the business models that you are interested in learning more about.
- Share this article on Social Media. The more people who are asking for help, the more passion I’ll have to find the time to make this happen.
- Make sure you’re signed up to hear more from me via email. You can signup below.
Once you’re signed up to hear more from me via email, I’ll keep you updated as our community grows and evolves.
Your Foodie Friend,